When is this lesson & Who is it for?
Date: 20 March 2019 (Wednesday) This is during March school holidays
For: 2019 JC2 H2 Chemistry committed students who are aiming to achieve A or B grade for A-Levels and are willing to prioritise their time to learn with an open mind.
What is covered during the 2 hours lesson?
ISOMERISM in Organic Chemistry
- Constitutional (Structural) isomerism
- Geometric (cis-trans) isomerism in alkenes and ring structures, due to restricted rotation
- Optical isomerism (Enantiomerism) in chiral molecules
- Deduce whether a given molecule is chiral based on presence or absence of chiral centres and/or a plane of symmetry
- Deduce the possible isomers for an organic molecule of known molecular formula
- Deduce the possible isomers for an organic molecule after the following reactions: Free Radical Substitution (in Alkanes), Electrophilic Addition (in Alkenes), Electrophilic Substitution (in Arenes), Elimination (in Halogen Derivatives), Nucleophilic Substitution (in Halogen Derivatives)
Who is the trainer for this lesson?
Sean is probably
- the only Chemistry specialist since 1999 who is
- the invited book author for BOTH the O-Level Pure Chemistry and A-Level H2 Chemistry Ten Year Series.
This also means you can have direct access to him for discussion on his approach in solving each and every single question from the Ten Year Series.
He is also the rare few Chemistry tutors who is familiar with BOTH the O-Level and A-Level syllabus which is the reason why IP Chemistry students benefit greatly from his Chemistry tuition classes.
Most school teachers and private tutors only know either the O-Level or the A-Level Chemistry syllabus. For Sean, his experience and mastery of both the syllabuses allow him to connect the basic concepts in GCE O-Level Pure Chemistry and the advanced concepts in GCE A-Level H2 Chemistry together. This allows students to understand the essential concepts thoroughly, just like a crystal ball in their hand.
Being a certified Neuro-Linguistic Practitioner (NLP), Sean communicates effectively to his students and changes the students’ perception towards Chemistry; from initially dreading the subject to gradually finding more interest. He believes his NLP skills play a major role in unlocking the potential in his students to enjoy learning and scoring in Chemistry.
Many who came to us are low in confidence for Chemistry and Sean always have his way to encourage and motivate them to relearn Chemistry and do their very best. About 70% of our students are recommended to us, from our ex students and their parents, from private tutors and school teachers. This differentiates him from Chemistry teachers and other Chemistry tutors.
Why should you attend this lesson?
- Feel more confident when you are learning the rest of the Organic Chemistry topics since the concepts discussed are inter-linked.
- Know what the lecturers are talking about when they flash their slides in lectures.
- Will be able to solve challenging application questions when your foundation is firm.
- Be more prepared to score in GCE A-Level H2 Chemistry Exam as well as JC Exam since Organic Chemistry has 40% weighting!
Since this lesson worth $140 is free (when there is at least 20 sign-ups by 17 March 2019), you have everything to gain and nothing to lose! Reserve you and your friend's seats today!